Mental Health Resources
Mental Health Crisis
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, Atlantic County
- Mobile Crisis Unit- Suicidal Ideation/Plan- comes to the person in distress (609) 226-1791
- Psychiatric Intervention Program (PIP)- psychiatric emergency, crisis counseling (609) 344-1118
- Psychiatric Program- 30-45 day, outpatient, acute stress & psychiatric symptoms (609) 572-8555
- Cape Regional Medical Center, Cape May County:
Psychiatric Emergency Hotline psychiatric emergency, crisis counseling (609) 465-5999
Cancer Specific Helplines
- Cancer Information & Counseling Hotline- medical info, referrals, short-term counseling 800-525-3777
- CancerCare referrals, online & phone counseling 800-813-4673
- Cancer Hope Network phone support by volunteer survivors, matched by treatment & side effects 877-467-3638
- Cancer & Careers Provides expert advice, tools, groups & seminars for employees with cancer, their healthcare providers & coworkers to help eliminate fear & uncertainty for working people with cancer
- Teens only! Group Loop is a safe place for teens touched by cancer to connect to find support, education, and hope, while dealing with a cancer diagnosis, whether it is themselves, or a loved one.
General Mental Health Helplines
- United Way’s community resource helpline- 211 in Atlantic County or 888-426-9243
- First Call for Help - Cape May County community resource helpline (609) 729-2255
- Hospice Hotline - assistance in locating hospice programs 800-331-1620
- Jewish Family Service Association - assists individuals and families in the tradition of helping people help themselves be it immediate help in these economically challenging times, support during transition or times of crisis, or ongoing support. (609) 822-1108
- Family Service Association - offers counseling services for individuals, couples, families and groups designed to alleviate pain and foster growth in people who are experiencing a wide variety of personal and relationship problems. Some of these concerns include marital difficulties, parent-child conflicts, emotional stress, and grief over the loss of a family member, and life adjustment during times of transition. (609) 569-0239
- Cape Counseling Services - offers a wide range of treatments to children, adolescents and adults, as well as families. (609) 465-4100
- AtlantiCare Behavioral Health - offers confidential behavioral health services at several locations throughout southeastern New Jersey. (609) 272-0909
For additional assistance finding resources, please contact Erin, Program Director, at (609) 926-2699.
The agencies listed are for informative purposes. Gilda’s Club South Jersey is not affiliated with nor responsible for the information or services provided by these agencies.